Burton’s Biscuit Company (a trading name of Burton’s Foods Limited) (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Burton’s Foods Limited of 74-78 Victoria Street, St Albans, Herts, AL1 3XH.
We are registered under, and process personal data in accordance with, the United Kingdom’s data protection laws.
Personal information we may collect from you
We may collect and process personal information about you (i.e. information which may identify you in some way, such as your name, age, contact details and passwords) through this Website only when you voluntarily submit it. This may be when you register on the Website, request information, submit comments or participate in a competition, promotion, survey or other feature of the Website. Providing personal information is up to you. If you do not want your personal information submitted, please do not submit it.
To apply for a job advertised on our Website, you are required to give your contact information and you may be invited to send us your curriculum vitae. Any information you send us for the purpose of a job application will be used for that purpose only and will be treated by us as confidential.
We may also collect and disclose aggregate information to third parties. This information will not include data that can be used to identify any individual and is used for statistical analysis and strategic development purposes.
Transferring information overseas
Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information only for the purpose for which you have provided it to us and as follows:
- To respond to your questions and requests.
- To communicate with you about your use of the Website and/or changes to the Website.
- To send you information and updates which you have requested.
- If you choose to allow us (by opting-in on the Website), we may use your information for marketing purposes and to send you emails about our products.
- To share it with our related parties as required toperform functions on our behalf in connection with this Website (such as administration of this Website or any promotions or other features on it).
If your personal information changes or if you no longer wish to receive communication or marketing emails from us, please let us know and we will correct, update or remove your details. This can be done by email to email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (and their advisors).
- If Burton’s Biscuit Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Apart from the above, we will never pass your personal information to anyone else without your consent unless we are obliged to do so by law, and/or pursuant to government or regulatory requests, by a law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with the commission of any offence (once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request); to protect our users and ourselves or to ensure the proper operation of our systems.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to make a request, please write to us at the following address: Head of IS, Burton’s Biscuit Company, 1 – 2 Calder Court, Shorebury Point, Off Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RH enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to “Burton’s Foods Limited” to cover our administration costs . When writing to us, please state your name and postal address and provide brief details of the information you require.
Jurisdiction and applicable law