£9.86/Hr (Paid Weekly)
May 23 2022 12:00AM
Fox's Burton’s; Fabulous Biscuits, Fabulous People
Fox's Burton’s Biscuits are the home of some of the UK’s most iconic biscuit brands, including but not limited to Maryland Cookies, Jammie Dodgers and Wagon Wheels. Here’s a thought for you!! Buying a biscuit is easy, the process of making a biscuit is however much more involved and that’s where YOU COULD BE INVOLVED! The route from creation to eating involves multiple stages and that’s why we are able to offer a variety of jobs to meet peoples desires, skill sets and abilities;
WE DO NOT OFFER ZERO HOURS CONTRACTS - 40 HOURS PER WEEK GUARANTEED!! - WORKING 35HRS BUT PAID FOR 37.5HRS/WEEKLY - NO WEEKEND WORKING
Due to an increase in productivity we are now hiring a number of hygiene operatives to work within our main biscuit production manufacturing site which is based within Sighthill area of Edinburgh.
- Shift Patterns (full time) working on either (Thursday through to Sunday inclusive) or (Friday through to Monday inclusive). Thursday and Friday shifts patterns start at 6am and finish at 2pm whereas Saturday and Sunday shifts start at 6am and finish at 6pm.
- Rate of pay is £9.86/Hr.
- Fixed backshift working Monday to Friday 2pm - 10pm.
The manufacturing site is vast and operates a 24/7 production cycle on a daily basis. Successful applicants will be expected to wear PPE (this is provided and paid for). The temperatures within the site will vary. Working as a Hygienist you be be expected to work in and around machinery and production lines. You will ensure that all production areas are cleaned to a high standard to ensure that food safety standards are exceeded. Applicants who have experience of working within industrial environments would be suitable candidates. Applicants must be efficient and robust in their work ethic. Full training will be provided.
- Applicants must be on or over the age of 18
- Ability to evidence full right to work within the UK (student applicants must, be able to demonstrate this, as paid induction requires full 40 hours induction training)
- Numerate, literate (written and oral communication) and the ability to work in a fast-paced people focused, team and or individual environments.
- Understand and be comfortable working within a food manufacturing environment where hygiene principles are exceptionally important. (Training provided)
- Comfortable working in and around machinery.
- Demonstrate and display a practical ability to thrive and adapt to various and fast paced working conditions.