So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace, and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuits, we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description - we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
What does your typical day look like?
Through managing a large team of technicians, in this role you will have 3 key focus areas:
1) Provide Engineering and Operational support to manufacturing operations. Working continuously to improve the performance of People and Plant to deliver site efficiency and performance standards.
2) To plan and co-ordinate team resources to complete all work allocated to the team in a timely manner. Promoting company quality standards, contributing to the manufacturing excellence strategy and demonstrating the company values and behaviours.
3) To coach and develop the Technician team regarding safe working practices and the rapid diagnosis and resolution of faults. Driving input and corrective actions within Health & Safety to produce a workplace to be proud of.
So, what are the key ingredients you will need?
Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application and experienced in the principles of operation of production equipment.
Previous experience of working within a similar FMCG manufacturing site.
Awareness of the practical implications of all relevant Statutory legislation (PUWER, EAWA, Supply of Machinery Regulations & Functional Safety)
Working knowledge of Internal risk management standards (PTW, WAH,)
Understanding of CI methodologies and associated tools, (Lean, 6 Sigma, TPM)
An experienced manager of people to drive a high level of engagement.
- Formal qualifications relating to appropriate Technical & Management qualifications.
- Experience of leading teams in excess of 400 people
- IT Literate
- IOSH qualification – preferred
- SAP user/Superuser/CMMS experience
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
Final part of the mix.
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills
- Decisive, pro-active, self-motivated individual
- Internal customer focus with the ability to adapt to the variable demand oof the business
- Ability to demonstrate working under own initiative and think things through to solution
- Ability to work under own supervision
- Ability to influence, build strong working relationships and liaise at all levels of the business
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.