Burton’s; Fabulous Biscuits, Fabulous People
Burton’s Biscuits are the home of some of the UK’s most iconic biscuit brands, including but not limited to Maryland Cookies, Jammie Dodgers and Wagon Wheels.
Due to increased demand, we are now recruiting for Mixing Room Operators.
Rate - £12.59/Hr (37.5hrs per week paid weekly)
Shift; Alternating weekly shift rotation; 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm.
ROLE MIXING ROOM OPERATOR
The initial stage of the biscuit production which is pivotal. An environment which can be very physical very team orientated and clear communication. This role requires common sense, ability to work on your own initiative and follow processes. Starting with rota sheet which tells allocates you to a particular line/plant. Then checking the recipe sheet and ensure that the mixing machine is appropriately aligned to the settings ie weight amount of individual mixes.
3 component parts to this environment;
Mixer – working from a menu/recipe sheet to ensure that the mixer is appropriately set. This machine determines the order and amount of the ingredients. Doing quality control checks to determine the consistency colour etc of the mix. Recipes will also have “Add Ons” These are chemical ingredients which are added manually by the mixer ie soda salt etc. The chemical mixture is prepared separately by the Chemical Maker and are brought over to the Mixer.
Chemical Mixer – working with a variety of chemical ingredients following instructions making this mix and bringing it to the mixer. Manual role following guidelines and using shovels to insert mix and using weighing machine to quantify correct receipt portions.
Servicer – Gets the bulk ingredients from the ware
house to the mixing and storage facility. Requires use of FL (although some one can do this for you) using pallet trucks. Very physical, checking stock requirements.
WHAT’S IN THIS FOR YOU?
- Each 8-hour shift provides for 2 separate 30 minute breaks!!
- Centrally located within the Sighthill area of Edinburgh and easily accessible by public transport.
- Burton’s love that their employees enjoy their weekends: No weekend working!!
- Other advantages include, paid PPE, training with career opportunities, car parking and onsite canteen facilities.
- 25 Holidays Per Year and closed on Bank Holidays including Christmas & New Year. Access to Employee Benefit Scheme for Retailer Discounts and Cashback, Health & Wellbeing.
- Applicants must be on or over the age of 18
- Ability to evidence full right to work within the UK (student applicants must, be able to demonstrate this, as paid induction requires full 40 hours induction training)
- Numerate, literate (written and oral communication) and the ability to work in a fast-paced people focused, team and or individual environments.
- Understand and be comfortable working within a food manufacturing environment where hygiene principles are exceptionally important. (Training provided)
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace, and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.