Location: Sighthill Industrial Estate, Edinburgh
Rate of Pay: competitive hourly pay
Contract: - Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Hours/Shift Pattern: You will be fixed to the following shift patterns
Night Shift – 10pm - 6am Monday - Friday 37.5 hour contract
Why work as part of our Production team?
We are looking for self-motivated and dedicated individuals who are seeking a challenging and rewarding role at the heart of our business at our Edinburgh Bakery. As a Mixing Room Operator you will prepare, and supply production plants with mixes which fully meet the standard specifications and the production plan, thereby minimising production down-time and waste.
What does your typical day look like?
· Plan and prepare dough mixes as per recipe and specification using the automated control systems and high speed mixers in a timely manner, handballing ingredients wherever necessary
· Operate and monitor the performance of the high speed mixing equipment, in such a way as to ensure optimum performance and minimise downtime
· Record all data requested, in a neat manner on the process control sheets ensuring all the necessary detail and accuracy
· Conduct routine quality checks of the mix as prescribed by the Process Control Sheet, adjusting settings and ingredients as necessary in conjunction with the team leader in order to maintain the highest possible level of quality and to meet the required specifications
· Ensure the safe working environment and good housekeeping of the mixing room area at all times and conduct the required GMP audits ensure all issues are captured and addressed
· As per the inspection schedule, conduct Safety inspections of the Mixing Room area against the appropriate Safety Work Instructions, safety legislation and the Company Health and Safety Policy, highlighting and closing out any observations or issues
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
· Team Work - Working together as part of a team to ensure we make great biscuits
· Ability to work on own initiative “Making the right decisions based on what is best for Burtons”
· Problem Solving – ability to react to fault finding skills and have the ability to work with the minimum amount of supervision
· Good numeric skills and attention to detail.
· A flexible and self-motivated person
· Good communication skills
· Excellent time keeping and attendance record
· Awareness of health and safety and food safety / hygiene requirements is desirable
· Experience within the food manufacturing environment desirable
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits! Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description - we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.