Nov 11 2021 12:00AM
Job Title: Hygiene Supervisor
Hourly Rate: Competitive
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Pattern: Friday – 6am-2pm, Sat & Sun – 6am-6pm, Monday 6am-2pm
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We’re the only major biscuit manufacturer in the UK to focus solely on biscuits, making us one of the key players in the market. We employ circa 1,600 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and a smaller but equally important Bakery based in Dorset.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
We are currently recruiting for a Weekend Hygiene Working Supervisor. The postholder will report to the Hygiene Manager.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Supervising of the cleaning team ensuring that hygiene team members are working efficiently, and safely following company procedures.
- Ensuring that cleaning plans are followed and updated as per production changes.
- Ensuring that teams complete all hygiene related documentation.
- Working / cleaning at height, this consists of cleaning overhead transfer conveyor systems, beams, pipes, ledges, fans, & dust extraction systems.
- The Cleaning of Production lines which involves the strip down and in-depth cleaning of machines and equipment online.
- Working with chemicals.
- Working in a safe manner ensuring all company health and safety policies are adhered to.
- Ensuring that Site Hygiene Manager is updated with all relevant information.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Experience and other Qualities required:
- Good interpersonal / verbal /written and IT communication skills.
- Self-reliant – Ability to work both as an individual and a team member.
- Demonstrate high standards of hygiene.
- Able to supervise a team and proactively solve problems.
- Working at height experience preferred but not essential as training can be provided.
Why are you still reading? APPLY!