Due to our exceptional company growth, we are looking for Team Leaders at our Llantarnam Factory.
If you have had experience working in a fast paced environment, are a great multi-tasker, and want to become a leader in manufacturing, then this is the role for you!
Please do not worry about having experience in the manufacturing environment, we are looking for people with great leadership skills and who are keen to provide training to employees.
Competitive Weekly Pay: £453.46 (Expected annual salary is £23,579.92)
Benefits: Subsidized canteen, Free on-site parking, Staff shop, Define Contribution Pension Scheme, Progression, Access to company Awards and Benefits portal offering amazing discounts (Bake My Day)
3 week rotating pattern shifts as below
Day Shift: 06.00- 14.00
Back Shift: 14.00- 22.00
Night Shift: 22.00- 06.00
We are expanding and we want YOU to be a part of the team!
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?! Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital. As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks. Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 377,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
Role & Responsibilities
• Supervising and mentoring skilled production workers
• Operating high speed wrapping machines and checkweighers.
• Checking codes and completion of daily production documentation.
• Overseeing the maintenance of hygiene and housekeeping standards and ‘clean as you go’ procedures.
• Overseeing the maintenance of quality standards procedures.
• Overseeing the maintenance of Health and Safety standards
Skills & Experience
• Experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to learn new skills
• Applicants need to be numerate/ literate/ flexible/ self-motivated/ good problem-solving abilities/ ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
• Communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a small team.
• Excellent time keeping and attendance record.
• Basic awareness of health & safety and food safety / hygiene requirements (training and certifications will be provided as part of the role)
Why are you still reading the advert? APPLY NOW!
You might want to apply if you have had experience in one of the following positions: Warehouse operator, CNC Operator, Process Operator, Machine Operator, Team Leader, Retail Manager, Supermarket Manager