Salary: Competitive Salary, plus company pension scheme, company bonus scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, onsite parking and many more great tasting benefits to enjoy.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday: Predominately working the day shift, but will need to be happy & flexible to accommodate the needs of the business and role when required, by working outside of these hours. The bakery itself operates across a 24/7 operation.
Location: Blackpool Bakery
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description about the role we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
Please also take a look at our Glassdoor page – with a rating of 4.8/5, have a read as to what our current employees are saying about us.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description - we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
Why work as part of our Operations Team?
As an Area Operations Manager, reporting in to the Bakery Factory Manager you will be responsible for co-ordinating an assigned area of activity to meet production demand requirements whilst ensuring safety, quality and hygiene standards.
You will get to develop a continuous improvement culture within the area that results in high performing teams achieving department’s goals and targets, in turn contributing and helping Burtons Biscuits achieve the goals to continue to bake great tasting biscuits.
Some key tasks will cover:
- Support operations department to deliver the site objectives
- Lead production teams to maximise performance that meets and exceeds company KPIs, customer and legislative requirements
- Ensure manufacturing practices for people safety and product safety (including hygiene) satisfy legal and corporate requirements
- Develop direct reports and line teams to create high performing teams
- Support the creation of a continuous improvement culture through use of CI techniques and problem solving discipline
- Develop positive employee relations through fostering team working, communication and employee engagement
- Assist in delivering site and company change programmes.
- Deputise for the factory Manager and/or other Area Operations Managers
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Previous experience working as a manager within an Operations function within in FMCG or similar fast paced environment i.e. Automotive, Pharma, Logistics, with an understanding of manufacturing/performance excellence.
- Managing a large scale production area / multiple lines, ideally in a 24/7 environment, with proven results of improving line capability (efficiency, reduction of waste)
- IOSH, with a strong appreciation of H&S
- Experience of operating in a traditional employee relations climate / heavily unionised environment
- Experience of maximising the potential of others including development and performance management
- Ideally you will have a Food Safety / Hygiene Qualification, but this isn’t essential as happy to consider people outside of the food / drink sector.
- Ideally candidates will have a manufacturing excellence qualification / or be Lean Sigma Green Belt certified etc. This training can be provided for the right candidate.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fun, fast paced and progressive business then we have the opportunity for you!!
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Operations Manager, Factory Manager, Food Manufacturing, Ops Manager, FMCG, Food Production etc.