Hours and Shift Pattern is:
Monday - Thursday (16:25 - 21:55)
Fri (14:30 - 19:30)
Please make sure you research how you will get to site, as public transport in most cases might not be viable on these days.
Location: Llantarnam Bakery
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson’s Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
So, if you want to work in the wonderful world of biscuits, work with great people, across all functions… then this is the role for you. There is a reason we’re rated 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor!
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
To carry out all duties relating to packaging in the production area and to ensure quality of outgoing product.
Duties will include: - But don’t worry full training will be provided
- Packing the biscuits into boxes (codes, rejects)
- Keeping areas clean and tidy
- Placing boxes onto pallets
- Removing reject biscuits from the lines
- Supporting colleagues and team leaders
- Adhering to basic PPE and Plant Safety Standards
- Participate in any Safety, Health and Environment related courses as required
- Responsible for own safety and safety of others
- Comply with all safety regulations and instructions
- Must be prepared to gain Food Hygiene level 2 qualification which will be delivered in-house
- Ensure compliance of Food Safety Standards
If this is you, then we’d love to receive an application
- A basic level of literacy and numeracy is essential
- Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to work with people of all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Want to self-development and learn new skills