Home of the infamous Jammie Dodger! Are you a hard worker? Punctual? A team player? Have good attention to detail?
If so, then this role is for you. It’s extremely fast paced and requires a certain level of fitness as it does have a large element of physical work in order to complete the tasks to a high standard. Attention to detail is key as we pride ourselves in the quality of our products.
Salary: £Competitive hourly rate, company pension and 25 days and 8 bank holidays, April May Sept and 5 at xmas
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 6am - 2pm & 2pm – 10pm – Mon to Fri rotating weekly
Who Are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical day look like?
- Operate and maintain all process machinery (top end) in such a way as to ensure optimum performance and minimise downtime;
- Conduct routine quality checks of the product as prescribed by the Process Control Sheet, adjusting settings as required to maintain the highest possible level of quality and to meet the Product Specification;
- Communicate effectively with colleagues in order to control production and reduce waste;
- Ensure the safe working environment and good hygiene of the process machinery and working area at all times;
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Good Communication Skills
- Previous experience in similar role desirable but not essential.
- Work with minimum supervision and be able to solve problems within the scope of training given
- Numerical ability/Technical ability
- Ability to use own initiative be confident with excel, understand HACCP principles and auditing, hygiene and used Quality Management Systems.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.
You can visit below links
Job advert page
External application form link
Internal application form link