Location: Sighthill Industrial Estate, Edinburgh
Rate: Competitive hourly rate
Contract: Fixed Term Contract - 6 Months
Hours: Full Time, Weekend Shift Pattern (Friday – Monday)
Friday 6am – 2pm
Saturday – 6am – 6pm
Sunday – 6am – 6pm
Monday – 6am – 2pm
Start Date: ASAP
The Cleaning of Production lines which involves the strip down and in-depth cleaning of machines and equipment on line as outlined in the Cleaning Instruction Cards.
What does your typical day look like?
• Working with chemicals.
• Working in a safe manner ensuring all company health and safety policies are adhered to.
• Ensuring that hygiene supervisors are updated with all relevant information.
• To maintain and operate hygiene equipment in a safe and efficient manner to prevent risk of injury to yourself and others.
• To maintain the general cleanliness of the factory site including walls, floors, drains, ceilings, pipework, lights, ledges, extraction fans and conveyors.
• Report any damaged, missing parts or dangerous machinery to an appropriate member of staff to ensure repairs can be carried out.
• To assist in on-the-job training of new members of staff in areas in which you are deemed competent in order that they become fully productive team member as quickly as possible.
What are the Key Ingredients?
• Good interpersonal / verbal and written communication skills.
• Self reliant – Ability to work both as an individual and a team member.
• Demonstrate high standards of hygiene.
Final Part of the Mix – but not essential
• Basic food hygiene training preferred but not essential as training will be provided
• Chemical training preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
• Working at height experience preferred but not essential as training can be provided.
Who Are We?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
How to apply:
Apply online now with your CV and complete a short application form.