Rate: Competitive hourly rate
Contract: Full Time, Permanent Contract
Hours: Monday – Friday Week 1 6am-2pm, Week 2 2pm-10pm rotating weekly, plus working also work 1 in 4 weekends or a rota basis.
Start Date: ASAP
To operate Wrapping Machines and Ancillary equipment within areas of responsibility at optimum efficiency and with minimum downtime and minimum defective product.
What does your typical day look like?
- Operate wrapping machines and ancillary equipment to a high standard of efficiency and hygiene
- Ensure correct wrapping materials and date coding are fitted to said machines as stated by the daily programme and date code manual
- Clean wrapping machinery, packing equipment and surrounding work area
- Assist Packing team leaders with unit functions
- Complete periodic finished pack checks in accordance with QA requirements
- Ensure Metal Detectors and Checkweighers are working correctly in accordance with standard procedures and working instructions
What are the Key Ingredients?
- Be able to work within a team environment with the Production and Quality Management teams.
- Can communicate effectively and provide technical leadership.
- Have basic numeric and literacy knowledge.
- Basic computer skills.
- Diagnosis and fault rectification skills are essential.
- Experience of working on fast paced machines, ideally with knowledge of packaging and wrapping machines. But machines such as presses, printing etc or similar would be equally suitable
- Excellent attitude.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
Final Part of the Mix
Applicants must be over the 18 years of age.
Who Are We?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).