Dispatch Operator (Food Manufacturing)
Location: Sighthill Industrial Estate, Edinburgh
Rate of Pay: £Competitive Hourly Rate
Contract: Permeant and Temporary positions available
Hours/Shift Pattern: Rotational shifts 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
Who Are We?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson’s Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description - we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
Why work as part of our Production team?
We are looking for self-motivated and dedicated Dispatch Operators who are seeking a challenging and rewarding role at the heart of our business at our Edinburgh Bakery. You will carry out all duties relating to machine operating in the production area to ensure quality of outgoing product.
Our Dispatch Operators vacancies cover a number of production lines
What does your typical day look like?
- Ensure compliance of Food Safety Standards
- Adhere to basic PPE and Plant Safety Standards
- Participate in any Safety, Health and Environment related courses as required
- Responsible for own and safety of others
- Comply with all safety regulations and instruction
- Participate in training and development of self and team
- Maintenance of hygiene and ‘clean as you go’ procedures
- Working together as part of a team to ensure we make great biscuits
- To actively support a safety culture within Dispatch warehouse teams , including safe use of FLT /PPT Truck equipment
- To collect palletised stock from production area & shrink wrap prior to loading
- To load vehicles with finished goods pallets out of a Dispatch warehouse ,using scan systems & agreed vehicle planning
- To support delivery of accurate documentation & labelling control of all finished goods stock in Dispatch warehouse
- To communicate positively with all colleagues during each shift & handover period
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Team Work - Working together as part of a team to ensure we make great biscuits
- Ability to work on own initiative “Making the right decisions based on what is best for Burtons”
- Experience of machine operation in a manufacturing environment an advantage
- Problem Solving – ability to react to fault finding skills and have the ability to work with the minimum amount of supervision
- Good numeric skills
- A flexible and self-motivated person
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record
- Awareness of health and safety and food safety / hygiene requirements is desirable
- Experience within the food manufacturing environment desirable
- Trained in operating Forklift counterbalance , reach and PPT equipment
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.