Package. Competitive package plus shift allowance
Location: Llantarnam Bakery
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full Time Hours, Permanent (39 hours a week)
Hours: 4 shift continental pattern working 8 hour shifts from Sunday to Saturday (not including a Saturday night shift) with 6 hour shifts worked on a Saturday morning and afternoon.
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 377,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description about the role we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical week look like?
- Carry out planned maintenance and reactive activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan contained within the CMMS.
- Proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual’s skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient.
- Train others so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards.
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques.
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
You will need to be a Time-served Electrical Engineer, carry out planned maintenance activities and repair breakdowns, covering electrical but also some mechanical responsibilities.
Ideally you have a HNC / b-tech or equivalent in a relevant field.
You will need to have experience from within a manufacturing, while experience of a food manufacturer would a bonus it isn’t essential.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.