Jun 21 2021 12:00AM
Job Title: Counter Balance Forklift Operator
Hourly Rate: Competitive
Hours: 8am - 4pm
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We’re the only major biscuit manufacturer in the UK to focus solely on biscuits, making us one of the key players in the market. We employ circa 1,600 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and a smaller but equally important Bakery based in Dorset.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
An opportunity has arisen for an FLT Driver within the perimeter / yard area of the factory on constant day shift . This is a great opportunity for an FLT Operator to join the wider Logistics Team @ Edinburgh site.
Normal yard operator duties & key responsibilities are:
- Ensure that the yard is maintained in a safe & organised manner, working in conjunction with warehouse stores & other teams through the perimeter area of Edinburgh site
- Lead on the pallet operation of tipping inbound pallet vehicles, quality sort of Chep pallets & follow the Visual Pallet ID Criteria in place @ the pallet shed
- Complete / develop pallet stock information & ensure documentation is accurate on a daily basis
- Be actively involved in Hygiene & general cleanliness of site perimeter & equipment used within the yard area
- During severe weather (Ice & snow) actively Grit yards areas using FLT & salt spreader equipment
- Support the shop area with delivery of Factory biscuit product as requested
- Carry out the FLT Maintenance on dedicated yard FLT Counter-balance truck
- Support Dispatch & warehouse teams to deliver skills cover plan as required
“We love everything we bake and are clear on our role in baking great biscuits”
Please note, successful candidate will be expected to complete FLT Counter balance / PPT Truck licence Training to RTITB Standards .