JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant
HOURS: Monday to Friday
We are expanding and we want YOU to be a part of the team!
Due to exceptional company growth we are pleased to be able to advertise for these brand new exciting roles!
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
We are currently looking for a Finance Assistant who will be part of our fantastic bakery finance team based in Edinburgh.
If interested then please apply online, you will need a CV and will have to complete a short online application form.
Role & Responsibilities
- Petty cash / shop takings / journal entry / raising purchase orders, production reporting and various Finance tasks.
- Continually develop our finance systems to improve financial reporting
- Decision support - provide high quality financial information to cover Site requirements.
- Ensure new product costs are completed accurately and timely so commercial appraisal can be completed and SAP maintained.
- Ensure site is compliant with Company finance policies and requirements of external auditors. Audits of site assets and reconciling back to ledgers.
- Periodic Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate KPI and MI is communicated to management.
- Period end accounting including accruals and prepayments
- Ensure stock accuracy and procedures followed
Candidates must have either a degree in Finance or be a Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent Excel skills (Lookups, Pivot tables etc.)
- Comfortable working with all levels of the business from production to senior management level
- FMCG industry experience
- SAP (R3) or other ERP software
- TM1 Cognos
- Ability to form strong business relationships with different functions and divisions
- Self-starter with drive, commitment and enthusiasm
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good problem solving ability
- Practical, proactive and commercially sound approach to work
- Attention To Detail
Why are you still reading the advert? APPLY NOW!