Permeant roles x3
Full time - Temporary 6 month fixed term contract x1
Monday - Friday
Weekly Rotating Shift Pattern
6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am
We are expanding and we want YOU to be a part of the team!
Due to exceptional company growth we are pleased to be able to advertise for these brand new exciting roles!
An exciting opportunity exists within the servicing department. The successful candidate will organise, carry out and record all stock/material movements to and from the production areas.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Input completed PRS to SAP computer system
- Store finished goods in line with Company requirements
- Maintain/supply correct level of raw materials
- Complete any documentation required on a daily basis in line with all stock movements
- The service team will assist with setting up lines to get them ready to run production.
- Record raw stock materials in an efficient and correct manner and in accordance with customer, company, technical and quality guidelines
- Ensure areas are continually clean and tidy and are fit for other users
- Finished product: placing of finished product in designated areas in line with Company and Q.C guidelines. Ensuring each pallet build is to specification, with required information and is accurately recorded
- General storage: Storage of finished product and issued materials in appropriate locations within production storage areas, clearly identified with accurate information, issued materials are used in correct rotational field
- Generation of P.R.S ticket (correct use of KANBAN system in accordance with Company guidelines, input of P.R.S to computer must be done immediately, product sheets marked).
- Liaising with stock controller, stores supervisor and others as required to assist in maintaining a reliable and accurate stock control
- Warehouse experience in a similar role is desirable, but a good work ethic, a want to do well and learn is more important.
- Happy to undergo a fork lift truck license, no need to have experience or a license to apply, we'll provide training and put you through your exam once settled in.
- PC skills
- Basic Health and Safety knowledge
- Product awareness
Who are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).