About the role:
A fantastic position for someone who is interested in securing experience within HR and to leading branded Business. Our Llantarnam bakery is in growth and with it comes a busy HR team, previous experience of picking up HR tasks is desirable, but what is important is that you have great communication skills, are great at managing your time and have excellent organisation skills. As it is essential you can hit the ground running.
Graduates looking to gain HR experience will also be considered.
The role will involve providing support to the team to deliver against the business strategy and the corporate and site people plan, including project work such as KPI delivery and absence management.
Great Salary plus 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, pension scheme, Bake My Day Employee Benefits Portal. On site canteen and staff shop (selling BBCo products) & Flexible working – a mix of home and office working
Location: Llantarnam Bakery, South Wales
Contract: Full Time, 6 month fixed term contract
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope, and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun!
What does your typical day look like?
• Lead on processing payroll changes for the site (e.g. starters, leavers, transfers)
• Produce and maintain organisation charts and management information
• Co-ordinate and conduct internal and external recruitment processes (including induction)
• Lead on site assessment/probation processes
• Co-ordinate basic training (e.g. Food Hygiene, Mental Health First Aid) including maintaining training records
• Track personal development plans and collate training needs
• Support site engagement activities including long service awards
• Absence management – including RTW compliance, absence triggers and follow up
• Investigate and resolve employee relations issues where possible and conduct initial stages of disciplinary and grievance
• Co-ordinate and roll out internal communications
• Respond to general HR queries and provide admin support to HR Team
• Provide information and/or advice to managers and employees
• Support HR Team projects
• Ideally be able to investigate and resolve employee relations issues where possible and conduct initial stages of disciplinary and grievance
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
You will need to be confident and proactive with your communication, well organised, able to work at a fast pace and able to build relationships. Excellent IT skills are essential for management information reporting and completing daily tasks.
Final part of the mix.
Ideally candidates will have had experience working within a HR function already or have a HR related degree or qualification, but this isn’t essential.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.