Location: Llantarnam Bakery
Vacancy: Site Services Maintenance Assistant
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Job Title: Handy Craft Person
Shift/Hours: Monday – Friday, Days, but with a need to be flexible to meet the needs of the business which will include some weekend work and unsociable hours to meet the needs of a 24/7 operational building.
We are looking for a reliable Handy Craft Person, who is a real team player to help assist the refurbishment of the Llantarnam Site. This includes the upkeep, repair and upgrade of designated areas. We will rely on you to improve and keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing a variety of remedial and planned works as necessary.
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
- Perform light to medium building duties, with a flexible approach to support others within the site team
- The ideal candidate will be competent in most building techniques, in domestic or industrial works, for example: partition walls, block work, tiling, plastering, painting, woodwork, floor laying, plumbing, painting, decorating, and window and door replacements.
- Have an understanding of drawings and designs.
- Flexibility is required to undertake duties outside of your normal hours, whereby you will assist colleagues during emergency breakdowns within the Site Services department
- To cooperate with contractors and ensure their adherence to site rules, health and safety and food safety standards
- Must be able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary
- Must be willing to work under the guidance of departmental and site KPI’s to maximise business performance
Skills and Experience
- City and Guilds, BTEC and NVQ levels will be considered
- Relevant experience as a craftsperson, in both the domestic or industrial sector
- High standards of personal performance in all aspects of work
- Safety conscious
- Committed to maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Appreciate the importance of detail
- Team orientated
- Highly motivated
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.
You may have experience of the following: Facilities Maintenance Assistant, Handy Craft Person, Buildings Maintenance, Handycraft, Facilities Maintenance Operator, Multi Skilled Maintenance Assistant, Joiner, Carpenter, Builder, Electrician etc,