Machine Operator (FMCG manufacturing)
Location: Sighthill Industrial Estate, Edinburgh
Start Date: ASAP
Machine Operator Hours/Shift Pattern: You will be fixed to one of the following shift patterns
Shift Opportunities: 2pm - 10pm Back Shift (Monday - Friday 39 hours per week)
Do YOU like biscuits? Of course you do! Who doesn’t? Burton’s are hiring, and we want YOU to be a part of the team.
Why work as part of our Machine Operator Production team?
We are looking for self-motivated and dedicated Machine Operators who are seeking a challenging and rewarding role at the heart of our business at our Edinburgh Bakery. You will carry out all duties relating to machines operating in the production area to ensure the quality of the outgoing product.
Responsibilities of Machine Operator (FMCG manufacturing) -
- Monitoring the finished biscuits whilst managing the packing of the finished product
- Setting up and maintaining the machines during Production run on Packing Floor
- Responsibility for Changing machines between Production runs
- Changing Biscuit film reels on the run
- Maintaining settings of machinery to correct standards and guidelines
- Operating wrapping machines, robotics , packaging machines, and check weighers
- Checking codes and completion of daily production documentation
- Ensure compliance of Food Safety Standards
- Adhere to basic PPE and Plant Safety Standards
- Participate in any Safety, Health and Environment related courses as required
- Responsible for own and safety of others
- Comply with all safety regulations and instruction
- Participate in training and development of self and team
- Maintenance of hygiene and ‘clean as you go’ procedures
- Working together as part of a team to ensure we make great biscuits
- May have involvement in Continuous Improvement activities
Requirements of Machine Operator (FMCG manufacturing)?
- Teamwork - Working together as part of a team to ensure we make great biscuits
- Ability to work on own initiative “Making the right decisions based on what is best for Burtons”
- Experience of a manufacturing environment is key.
- Problem Solving – ability to react to fault finding skills and have the ability to work with the minimum amount of supervision
- Good numeric skills
- A flexible and self-motivated person
- Good communication skills
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance record
- Awareness of health and safety and food safety/hygiene requirements is desirable
- Experience within the food manufacturing environment desirable
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their c.$200 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive business.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
Why are you still reading? APPLY!!!