Location: Blackpool Bakery, Lancashire
Hours: Monday to Friday – Day Shift, but with flexibility to support additional shifts, so some unsociable hours may be needed.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Who Are We?
We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton's Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward-thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers, and our customers.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture many sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
To ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this incredible journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge's, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across many new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have six bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total, we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
About the role:
As the Warehouse Manager you will be responsible for setting the strategy for Blackpool Logistics operation. To help and support the delivery of both the site strategy and the site safety improvement plan. Work closely with UK Logistics group to support delivery of the group budget.
This is an important role within a fast paced bakery and will play a key commercial role, helping to ensure we are able to meet the services levels we have agreed with our retailers.
- Continually develop our safety systems to improve the safety & wellbeing of our employees
- Lead the logistics team to support the business to improve plant output whilst meeting the requirements of a complex, high volume production on site.
- Delivery of financial budget aligned with the delivery of KPI’s (trailer fill, RFT, Goods in accuracy, Stock count accuracy.
- Work in partnership with site functions, in particular Operations to deliver site annual targets.
- Continually develop our operating systems to achieve best practice
- Support embedding site principals as part of the Edinburgh Improvement Strategy
- Providing/support/maintain legislative and compliance activity as required.
- Demonstrate role model and winning behaviours to support site culture
- Support, motivate, develop and coach the team in order to recognise and reward performance and drive robust succession planning.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience of leading a Logistics/Warehouse function, driving change management and improvement strategies in ideally a FMCG environment.
- High level of understanding of SAP
- Strong appreciation for H&S, you must have IOSH (essential), NEBOSH (desirable)
- Use of operational excellence tools and techniques in particular continuous improvement and enterprise alignment
- Proven track record of developing high performing teams
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Ability to think strategically to enhance site/cultural performance
- Ideally a Food safety/Hygiene qualification Intermediate HACCAP
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.