Package. Competitive package plus benefits
Location: Edinburgh Bakery, Sighthill
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full Time Hours, Permanent
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their c.$200 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive business.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description about the role we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical week look like as our Site Electrical Manager / Electrical Engineer Manager?
- Day to day management of the Electrical Craft Team.
- Site electrical duty holder, Manage compliance of fixed wire testing and emergency lighting, Ensure electrical standards
- To assist in the control, monitor and review maintenance, calibration, external services, and repair of all production plant equipment
- To be aware of electrical issues daily and proactively seek and recommend improvement opportunities
- Provide technical knowledge and experience to resolve technical problems
- Communicate and action electrical issues on daily basis accurately along with providing root causes, helping organise & implement any appropriate follow up activities
- Assist in the training and development other engineering/electrical personnel
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- You will have experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing or similar environment, food experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with PLC Rockwell / Siemens, use for diagnosing faults and program modifications
- Experience with servo motion control
- Experience with industrial control networks
- Experience with process control and calibrations
- Have a flexible approach to working times
- Ability to work under pressure
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.