Location: Llantarnam, Cwmbran, Wales (Commutable from Pontypool, Newport, Chepstow, Cardiff and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday, 39 hours a week
Who we are?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their c.$200 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive business.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description about the role we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
What we are all about here?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. As such we have a number of capital investment projects & improvements planned for our bakeries.
Why work as part of our team?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Area Support role to support the smooth operation of the production team. This is a great opportunity for experienced and ambitious individuals who are looking for a development opportunity. This is a key role within the business, where the successful candidates will be supporting with the safe and efficient running of allocated production lines in their entirety.
What does your typical day look like?
· Operate as part of the Operations Team to achieve KPI targets for area of responsibility
· Support, release and deputise for Packing SOMs with line ownership
· Be part of the team for implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques including Kaizen, 5S, SMED Analysis, etc.
· Promote and practice through personal example, behaviours consistent with the company vision and values.
· Responsible for all safe working practices within designated area, specifically compliance with H&S legislation on training
Quality & Hygiene
· Provide support to ensure all manufacturing output is right first time and ensuring completion of QAS
· Proactively analyse and investigate customer complaints and agree action plans for reduction and elimination of issues
· Ensure all documentation is completed, reviewed, updated, relevant
Service & Cost
· Analyse and investigate any variance to line standards in respect of efficiency, waste, TOS, downtime etc – agree formal action plan with timescales and accountabilities for improvement.
· Support SOM in conjunction with the HR Department, implement training provisions for all new entrant staff and ensure training records are completed.
· Display exemplary personal levels of attendance
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
· Good standard of numeracy and literacy
· Be prepared to undertake training
· Previous experience in a leadership/supervisory role (desirable)
· Experience using computers and associated software including Microsoft Word and Excel
· Planning and organisation skills
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply by clicking the link.
You may have experience of the following: Team Leader, Operations, Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Operations Team Leader