Location: Edinburgh Bakery
Salary: Competitive Salary plus benefits to include, 25 days, company pension, free parking
Contract: Permanent full time role
Hours: Monday – Friday: 6.00am-2.00pm – overtime maybe required, during week and weekends
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their c.$200 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive business.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description about the role we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
Why work as part of the Burton’s Biscuit Family as our Hygiene Supervisor?
Reporting to the Hygiene Manager you play a key role in ensuring the Edinburgh bakery maintains its high standards of food hygiene & quality, allowing us to continue making great tasting biscuits. Edinburgh is busy bakery and we bake on average around 7.5 million biscuits a day.
- Supervising of Dedicated Hygiene Team.
- Supervising the cleaning of production equipment, and of factory overheads (high level & dedicated cleaning).
- To coordinate cleaning of production equipment to schedule by liaison with burtons production planning and operations departments, allocating available resource i.e. agency staff and Burtons cleaning staff.
- The position is a working supervisor therefore supervisors will be expected to participate in the cleaning of production equipment / factory overheads.
- The supervisor should be able to coach and mentor hygiene team members & cleaning staff on cleaning procedures, and standards required.
- Auditing cleaning standards of production equipment and factory overheads.
- Supervise the health & safety of cleaning staff including but not limited to lock-off procedures, working at height, hygiene training, and chemical awareness.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Good interpersonal / verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-reliant, ability to work both as an individual and a team member.
- Demonstrate high standards of hygiene.
- Basic food hygiene training.
- Experience of hygiene / cleaning supervision / management.
- Chemical training preferred.
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft Office, word, excel, and outlook).
- Ideally trained in working at height, and confined spaces.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fun, fast paced and progressive business then we have the opportunity for you!!
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.