So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their c.$200 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive business.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
We are looking for extra support and are in need of a number of Machine Operators to join us on a full time basis for an initial period of 6 months, this role will see you working 3 different rotating shift patterns of covering:
You will rotate across the following shifts
Shift 1: 06.00- 14.00
Shift 2: 14.00- 22.00
Shift 3: 22.00- 06.00
Contract: 6 month fixed term contract
Competitive Weekly Pay: £419.25 per week (includes shift allowance)
Benefits: Subsidized canteen, Free on-site parking , Staff shop, Define Contribution Pension Scheme
If interested then please apply online, you'll need a CV and will have to complete a short online application form.
Role & Responsibilities
• Operating high speed wrapping machines and checkweighers.
• Checking codes and completion of daily production documentation.
• Maintenance of hygiene and housekeeping standards and ‘clean as you go’ procedures.
• Maintenance of quality standards procedures.
• Maintenance of Health and Safety standards
Skills & Experience
• Experience of food machine operation
• Should possess good fault finding skills and have the ability to work with the minimum amount of supervision.
• Should have flexibility for a number of lines – training will be provided
• Applicants need to be numerate/ literate/ flexible/ self-motivated/ good problem solving abilities/ ability to work with minimum supervision, and use own initiative.
• Communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a small team.
• Excellent time keeping and attendance record.
• Awareness of health & safety and food safety / hygiene requirements.
• Experience of operating wrapping/ bagging machines desirable.