Location: Office Based, from our fantastic Head Office in St Albans, Hertfordshire (great location to commute by train, only a 5 minute walk from St Albans City Station) – some opportunity to work from home in this role.
Contract: 4 days a week covering maternity leave – 9-12 month contract
Package: Annual salary offered on a fixed term contract + benefits to include pension & holidays
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Thomas Fudge’s, Jammie Dodgers, Paterson’s Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton's Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward-thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers, and our customers.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture many sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
We now have six bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total, we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
Why work as part of our Head of Project Management.
Looking after a team of 8 you will drive the change programme throughout the Burton’s Biscuit business. From ideation through to shipment, this team seeks to align themselves with Business Strategy, ensuring it is translated into project execution and delivery. Working cross-functionally with key stakeholders you will act as the key focus point for driving their change through the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Programme Overview – Responsible for the overall delivery of all projects within Burton’s change programme, including any change or birth of a SKU
- Process Ownership – Own the Change process within Burton’s, including the ownership of the PCP system and the end to end process from ideation to shipment
- Gate Review – Lead Burton’s Gate process, in which projects are approved through certain gates up until launch
- Stakeholder Management – Aligning with Heads Of and Bakery Managers to ensure the smooth execution of change
- Team – Lead the Project Management function, and develop a high performing team who lead change throughout the organisation
- Drive Change – Continuously improve the process of change management in Burton’s
- Risk Management - Identify, quantify, and elevate areas of risk on critical projects to the business whilst mitigating risk where possible
- Delivery - Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of programmes and projects.
- Communication - Ensure flow of communications to key stakeholders
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
You will to have had past experience of working as Project Manager within FMCG, ideally with a focus on customer, brand led, supply chain led projects.
You will need to have the ability to link the doing into the commercial & operational strategy of the business in order to drive the change programme efficiently, with experience of driving and leading gate reviews.
Final part of the mix.
Professional project management qualifications i.e. Prince 2 would be a bonus. What is essential, is a high attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships and motivate key individuals as this is a busy team.
You may have had experience or be interested in the following: Head of Project Management, Food Manufacturing, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager.