We are looking for a Reliability Technician who will be responsible for using the principles of performance evaluation and prediction to facilitate the improvement of safety, reliability, maintainability and operability of physical assets. You will support the development and assessment of condition monitoring and will both lead and support reliability improvement projects.
Your hours of work will be Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm.
- Lead an engineering team to continuously improve plant reliability
- Develop and embed engineering best practices
- To develop and embed a robust predictive maintenance philosophy and system
- To continually drive improvement in both the planning and scheduling processes
- Develop department’s reliability KPI’s and reports
- Support developing the engineering function to embed engineering best practice
- Coordinate the activities of the team under his/her control and to ensure adequate training and development is provided.
- Demonstrate site principles and winning behaviours.
- Support, motivate, develop and coach the team in order to recognise and reward performance and drive robust succession planning.
- Observe and enforce safety and health standards
- To focus on delivering the yearly engineering budget and look for improvements to drive down overall maintenance costs.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Time served engineer with electrical or mechanical bias
- A genuine willingness to learn and develop
- An understanding of predictive maintenance techniques would be an advantage
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of MS Office software
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.