At Burton's Biscuits, we're all about baking great tasting biscuits! That's why we're the home to some of the UK's most loved brands such as Maryland Cookies, Jammie Dodgers, Wagon Wheels and Fish N Chips, Paterson Shortbread, Viscount, Toffeepops and Thomas Fudges. On top of this, we're also key partners to major global snacking players such as Unilever (Marmite), Mars Confectionary, Saputo (Cathedral City) as well as all major retailers in the UK.
In a nation full of biscuit lovers, we would literally move mountains for the perfect biccy and a cuppa. And now, we're looking for the next smart cookie to join our team.
We are now looking for someone to take one of our most exciting and most nostalgic brands – Wagon Wheels on their next epic adventure.
Wagon Wheels is a snack like no other. We're the maverick of the biscuit world with an epic sense of adventure. Having been a lunchbox favourite for generations, today the mighty Wagon Wheel is loved by kids and grown-ups alike for their legendary marshmallow centre, chocolate flavour coating and crunchy biscuit.
Along with Wagon Wheels, you get a chance to lead our new savoury product platform. Savoury biscuits have seen incredible growth over the last 12 months, and at Burton's, we have a fantastic portfolio to take advantage of this. You'll look after our iconic Fish N Chips brand which we brought back due to popular demand and work closely with Saputo on tasty cheese snacks under the UK's #1 cheese brand, Cathedral City.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- 360-degree brand ownership of your portfolio
- Using data analysis and brand expertise to make clear recommendations and then implement, and monitor plans to achieve sales and profit objectives
- Leading and project managing concept development and NPD programmes
- Working with the Marketing Manager, develop creative communication briefs, manage the implementation and take responsibility for delivery
- Managing budget and expenditure priorities on the brand
- Envisioning and engaging internal departments and external agencies to ensure full alignment and success of marketing plans
We're looking for someone who has:
- A degree level or equivalent qualification (2:1 or above) in a relevant discipline
- Experience of working in FMCG brand marketing
- Strong project management skills, to be able to prioritise time and workload and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills & commercial experience looking at pack, channel & pricing strategy
- Capacity to embrace and create change
- Proactive and challenging, showing boundless curiosity.
- Highly self-motivated, with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong team player
- Excel at what you do and go the extra mile
- Ability to balance the process and entrepreneurial spirit
Burton's can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a fun environment with likeminded people (we love biscuits, just like you!)
- Learn and develop the skills to become a Senior Brand Manager
- The autonomy of a brand channel putting you in charge from ideation to creation and beyond
- Regular exposure to Director & Board levels to showcase your work & get feedback
- The ability to work flexibly, with the opportunity for home working
- The chance to be part of a successful, well invested and growing business
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we're mostly working from home. However, once it's safe to go back to the office, this role will be based out of our St. Albans headquarters, conveniently located near St. Albans City train station.
25 days holidays, company pension, private healthcare, company bonus scheme, some great fitness and wellbeing clubs such as running, yoga and boxercise clubs, we also have a book club and of course plenty of free biscuits.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent, Monday to Friday