Aug 26 2020 12:00AM
Wrapping Machine Technician
To operate Wrapping Machines and Ancillary equipment within areas of responsibility at optimum efficiency and with minimum downtime and minimum defective product
- To operate wrapping machines and ancillary equipment to a high standard of efficiency and hygiene
- To ensure correct wrapping materials and date coding are fitted to said machines as stated by the daily programme and date code manual
- To clean wrapping machinery, packing equipment and surrounding work area
- To assist Packing team leaders with unit functions
- To complete periodic finished pack checks in accordance with QA requirements
- To ensure Metal Detectors and Checkweighers are working correctly in accordance with standard procedures and working instructions
- The operator is responsible for the safe operation of the machine he/ she is assigned too
- Machines shall only be run with correct guards bolted in position
- Any machine / wrapping faults shall be reported to the Machine Attendant / Engineering Department
- The operator is responsible for adjusting machine speeds to match product flow area
- The operator is responsible for maintaining the quality of the wrapping product passing through the wrapping line in accordance with the relevant Quality Procedure(s)
- Product quality must not be compromised at any stage of the wrapping process
- Any non-conformance with Work Instructions or Quality Procedures must be reported to Q.A immediately.
The job holder works within a team environment with the Production and
Quality Management, consequently, the jobholder requires to posses a variety of skills and deploys them appropriately.
The jobholder must communicate effectively and provide technical leadership.
The job holder must have basic numeric and literacy knowledge.
Basic computer skills.
Diagnosis and fault rectification skills are essential.
Correct use of hand tool.
Knowledge of packaging and wrapping machines.
Willingness to learn new skills.
Please note: the above is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the job holder maybe required to undertake such other engineering duties as may reasonably be assigned to him / her from time to time.