Salary: Competitive Salary, plus company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, onsite parking and many more great tasting benefits to enjoy.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday: Predominately working the day shift, but will need to be happy & flexible to accommodate the needs of the business and role when required, by working outside of these hours. The bakery itself operates across a 24/7 operation.
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Patersons Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description - we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
Why work as part of our Engineering Team?
As the Engineering Planner, reporting in to the Site Engineering Manager you will be responsible for providing support to the Engineering department to ensure safe, cost effective maintenance planning and execution of maintenance to factory assets and equipment.
Some key tasks will cover:
- Liaise with other Senior members of the Engineering department to deliver all elements of the engineering strategy plan
- Produce a weekly engineering schedule to ensure maintenance is executed to the highest standards and delivers asset reliability
- Implement an effective engineering planning system that maximises utilisation of resources
- Ensure that engineering planning is harmonised with continuous improvement activities
- Spend time on the plant to ensure engineering work is planned and estimated within budget and delivers cost efficient maintenance
- Schedule a balanced PM system to deliver on agreed KPI’s
- Liaise with the Engineering Stores to ensure accurate spares management and alignment with planned activity
- Ensure all assets are maintained to the highest possible standards and meet insurance requirements (Lifting equipment, pressure vessels, LEV, Etc.)
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Previous experience of a food manufacturing environment where you have successfully used a structured planning approach to deliver engineering activities, on time and on budget
- Educated to at least HNC standard or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Proven track record in supervision and/or management of others
- Experience of maximising the potential of others including development and performance management
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fun, fast paced and progressive business then we have the opportunity for you!!
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.