Salary: £competitive salary plus benefits
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Hours 8-5pm Monday – Friday but flexibility to meet the business needs
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Thomas Fudges, Jammie Dodgers, Patersons Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton's Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward-thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers, and our customers.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture many sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
To ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this incredible journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge's, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across many new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have six bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total, we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
About the Opportunity…
As the Quality Manager you will lead, manage and develop the bakery quality department (circa 8 direct reports in total) in order to ensure that Burtons Biscuits produces food that is safe, legal, meets and exceeds internal & quality standards, customer specifications and COP.
You will support the Quality & Food Safety Manager to instil a quality culture throughout the site, supporting the operations team to develop robust corrective action plans for quality improvements.
To work effectively and ensure that Food Safety, Integrity, Quality and Legality are maintained within the business.
Some of the other things you will get involved in?
- Manage the site quality team inclusive of disciplinary investigations and performance management.
- Maintain a robust auditing programme that continues to meet the requirements set by all audit bodies.
- Develop a quality culture throughout the manufacturing site by supporting the technical manager and site team to continuously improve against standards
- Agree specifications that are achievable and review to ensure that customer satisfaction is always met – including NPD handover.
- Support the development of robust corrective action plans to ensure any consumer or customer dissatisfaction is addressed.
- Be customer facing as required either through audit or specific meetings.
- Accountability for the site maintenance of External and Internal Standards in respect to quality areas. (BRC, Retailer, Internal audits etc)
- Deputise for the Quality & Food Safety Manager as required.
What are the key ingredients?
You will need previous experience previous experience of working within Food Manufacturing in a Quality or Technical related role. Leadership experience is key as you will be responsible for managing a team. HACCP & Food Hygiene Level 3 is a must, along with knowledge and experience of BRC.
It is highly desirable that you have strong knowledge of the top 5 retailer audit systems and have some customer facing experience.
What is equally important is that you can work at pace, are a team player with strong communication skills.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fun, fast paced and progressive business then we have the opportunity for you!!
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.