Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: Nights (26.81 hours a week)
Monday – Friday (16:25 – 21:55)
Salary: £Competitive weekly paid
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
- Operating high speed wrapping machines and checkweighers.
- Checking codes and completion of daily production documentation.
- Maintenance of hygiene and housekeeping standards and ‘clean as you go’ procedures.
- Maintenance of quality standards procedures.
- Maintenance of Health and Safety standards.
- Should possess good fault-finding skills and have the ability to work with the minimum amount of supervision.
- Applicants need to be numerate/ literate/ flexible/ self-motivated/ good problem-solving abilities/ ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record.
- Awareness of health & safety and food safety / hygiene requirements.
- Experience of operating wrapping/ bagging machines desirable.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.
You may have experience of the following: Operations, Production, wrapping, bagging, production operators, operators, wrapping operators, wrapping machines