Location: Sighthill Industrial Estate, Edinburgh
Salary: Salary package, company pension, 25 days holiday
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday: Rotating shift pattern across 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm (with time allowed to complete shift handovers before and at the end of each shift)
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Patersons Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description - we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
Why work as part of our Operations Team?
Reporting in to the Shift Operations Manager you will support the creation and delivery of the Operations system and improvement strategy. Manage the implementation of business unit improvement plans in line with budget. Provide support to the site Leadership team to deliver our annual and longer term objectives.
Some key tasks will cover:
- Continuously improve quality system to eradicate repeat failures.
- Continually develop our operations system to maximise performance
- Lead the operations team to continuously improve plant output and delivery of customer service plans.
- Delivery of financial budget aligned with the delivery of KPI’s in line with assigned business unit objectives (waste, TOS, efficiency, machine uptime).
- Work in partnership with site functions, in particular engineering to deliver daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets.
- Support the creation of a positive culture through delivering site principals and provision of good leadership
- Support, and develop the team in order to recognise and reward performance through regular performance reviews
- Motivate and coach shift management team in decision making, autonomy and ownership to enhance engagement at all levels
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Previous experience working as a leader or manager within a Shift Operations function within in FMCG, with an understanding of manufacturing excellence.
- IOSH, with a strong appreciation of H&S
- Ideally you will have a Food Safety / Hygiene Qualification, but this isn’t essential has happy to consider people outside of the food / drink sector.
- Ideally candidates will have a manufacturing excellence qualification / or be Lean Sigma Green Belt certified etc. This training can be provided for the right candidate.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fun, fast paced and progressive business then we have the opportunity for you!!
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.
You may have experience of the following: Manufacturing Team Leader, Shift Operations Manager, Line Lead, Shift Team Leader, Manufacturing Supervisor, Production Site Team Leader, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Shift Manager, Food Manufacturing, Production Shift Supervisor, FMCG, Food Production, Shift Lead etc.