At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
We are looking for extra support and are in need of a number of Machine Operators to join us on a full time basis for an initial period of 6 months, this role will see you working 3 different rotating shift patterns of covering:
You will rotate across the following shifts
Shift 1: 06.00- 14.00
Shift 2: 14.00- 22.00
Shift 3: 22.00- 06.00
Contract: 6 month fixed term contract
Competitive Weekly Pay: £419.25 per week (includes shift allowance)
Benefits: Subsidized canteen, Free on-site parking , Staff shop, Define Contribution Pension Scheme
If interested then please apply online, you'll need a CV and will have to complete a short online application form.
Role & Responsibilities
• Operating high speed wrapping machines and checkweighers.
• Checking codes and completion of daily production documentation.
• Maintenance of hygiene and housekeeping standards and ‘clean as you go’ procedures.
• Maintenance of quality standards procedures.
• Maintenance of Health and Safety standards
Skills & Experience
• Experience of food machine operation
• Should possess good fault finding skills and have the ability to work with the minimum amount of supervision.
• Should have flexibility for a number of lines – training will be provided
• Applicants need to be numerate/ literate/ flexible/ self-motivated/ good problem solving abilities/ ability to work with minimum supervision, and use own initiative.
• Communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a small team.
• Excellent time keeping and attendance record.
• Awareness of health & safety and food safety / hygiene requirements.
• Experience of operating wrapping/ bagging machines desirable.