Job title: Engineering Scheduler
Reporting to: Engineering Planning Manager
Direct Reports: None
Stores, Reliability Techs, Engineers, Operations, Projects & SHE.
1. Role Specification
To provide support to the engineering planner to ensure safe, cost effective maintenance planning and execution of maintenance to factory assets and equipment. Assist the engineering planner in achieving planning related KPIs.
The role is mostly administrative loading PPMs from SAP/Shire onto the plan. Inspect and close off completed work orders before filing them to standards that meet both internal & external audits.
· Insure all administrate and filing systems are up to date.
· Help the planner to deliver all elements within the Engineering Plan.
· Assist in producing a weekly engineering schedule that delivers asset reliability.
· Print off and distribute work orders.
· Retrieve completed work orders audit and file them away.
· Stand in for planner to cover holidays or sickness
· Gather & relay engineering KPI information.
2. Person Specification
Qualifications. Essential & Desirable.
· Ability to encourage good employee relations and communication at all times.
· Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
· Ability to work under pressure of time
· Understanding of SAP (Desirable) and excel systems.
· Understanding of record keeping to audit standards.
· Previous Experience in a similar role
· Detail and accuracy oriented
· Working to agreed established systems.
· PC literate – SAP (Desirable) Excel/Word etc
· Flexibility & patience (The plan will change at last minute sometimes)
· Demonstrate working to tight deadlines
· Accurate loading and receiving of data.
· Communication skills.
The duties described here may be adapted to meet the needs of a changing organisation and therefore is expected to evolve in line with the organisation.
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuits we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.