We are looking for an Engineering Manager. You will be responsible for the delivery of Burtons ME engineering strategy within our Edinburgh bakery, which includes creating and delivering the annual engineering improvement plan, providing support to the site to deliver our annual and longer term objectives and as a member of the site leadership team, contributing to the overall leadership of the site.
· To ensure that our engineering and safety systems are used to improve the safety and wellbeing of our employees
· Lead the engineering team to continuously improve plant reliability whilst working within the agreed engineering budget
· Create, with support from the Senior Engineering Manager, an improvement plan to help delivery of site financial budget aligned with the delivery of KPI’s (waste, TOS, efficiency and planned tonnage)
· Work in partnership with the other key site functions, in particular Operations and CI to deliver the site objectives
· Implement and embed engineering best practice as described in ME engineering manual
· Support embedding site principles as part of the Llantarnam Improvement Strategy
· Providing/support/maintain all legislative and compliance activity as required
· Demonstrate and role model winning behaviours to support site culture
· Support, motivate, develop and coach the team in order to recognise and reward performance and drive robust succession planning
· Formal qualification in electrical/mechanical disciplines
· Continuous Improvement, qualified if possible
· IOSH or NEBOSH Trained
· Food safety/Hygiene qualification (desirable)
· Proven experience of leading an engineering function, driving change management and improvement strategies in ideally a FMCG environment to improve overall site performance
· Excellent understanding on equipment reliability with focus on CBM
· Use of continuous improvement tools and techniques
· Proven track record of developing high performing teams
· Experience of working in a unionised environment
Ability to think strategically to enhance site/cultural performance
· Technical competence
· Problem solving
· Demonstrate and role model winning behaviours
· Ability to motivate teams
· Influencing skills
· Financial acumen
· Leadership capability – lead and develop high performing teams
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Patersons Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.