We are looking for a Project Engineer to generate and execute the Livingston capital programme and to support capital project delivery in Edinburgh if required. You will be involved in or continuous improvement programmes and support Livingston engineering in specific improvement tasks.
Your hours of work will be Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm. The role will primarily be based at our bakery in Livingston however you will be expected to work at our Edinburgh bakery when required as well.
- Develop Livingston annual capital program.
- Create and administer project documentation, ROI and approval process.
- Delivery of capital projects on time in budget following BBCo system.
- Align capital program with site improvements.
- Liaise with internal functions (at site and with other Burton’s sites) e.g. Technical Team, Production Team and Engineering Team to deliver projects.
- Communicate project activity to site team.
- Support Arran capital program when requested
- Support Livingston Engineering department to deliver specific improvement projects when required.
Previous Experience/ Qualifications
- Formal qualification in electrical/mechanical disciplines.
- Food safety/Hygiene qualification
- PRINCE2 qualification- or equivalent.
- Proven experience of delivering capital projects preferably within the food industry
- Experience of operating in the manufacturing industry (food industry would be an advantage but not essential)
- Computer literate/familiar with CAD and Microsoft Project
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation ideally supported by a recognised qualification
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to deal with conflict and tackle the service provided by contractors and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical competence
- Problem solving
- Demonstrate role model and winning behaviours
- Ability to motivate
- Influencing skills
- Financial acumen
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.