Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Monday to Thursday 2pm to 10pm and Friday 1pm to 8pm
Monday to Thursday 6am to 2pm and Friday 6am to 1pm
Salary: £Competitive weekly paid hourly rate & benefits to include subsidised canteen, free onsite parking and company pension scheme
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
· Transferring materials to and from all storage areas to meet production requirements
· Loading & unloading vehicles
· Operating a Goods In/Out process plus assisting in cover of all other sections of the stores operation where required
· Reach, Counterbalance and stand on truck licence (essential). Although successful candidates will receive training if required
· Pro-active approach towards a fast-changing production environment and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· Previous experience within a stores/warehouse environment desirable.
· Must be able to follow written instructions and complete basic numerical documentation
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.
You may have experience of the following: Operations, Stores Operator, Warehouse, FLT, Forklift Truck Driver