Feb 7 2020 12:00AM
Mar 7 2020 12:00AM
We are looking for a time served Electrical Systems Engineer. Using your electrical skills, knowledge and experience you will support the engineering department with remedial and plant improvement projects as well as assisting the Electrical Engineering Manager with day to day tasks.
- To assist in the control, monitor and review maintenance, calibration, external services, and repair of all production plant equipment.
- To assist in ensuring that all maintenance and contract work is carried out with due regard to food safety and best practise
- To assist in the training and development other engineering/electrical personnel
- To be aware of electrical issues daily and proactively seek and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Provide technical knowledge and experience to resolve technical problems.
- Assist in the management of contractor and resources whilst ensuring that quality and standards are maintained.
- Communicate and action electrical issues on daily basis accurately along with providing root causes, helping organise & implement any appropriate follow up activities.
- Assist with day to day tasks to support the Electrical Manager with maintaining compliance and electrical standards
- You will have experience of working in food manufacturing or similar environment
- Qualified with HNC or equivalent certificate
- Experience with PLC (preferably Rockwell), use for diagnosing faults and program modifications
- Experience with servo motion control
- Experience with industrial control networks
- Experience with process control and calibrations
- Have a flexible approach to working times
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills
Ask anyone here at Burton’s Biscuit Company what we’re most passionate about and you’ll get the same answer from everyone – the baking of quality biscuits for the whole family to enjoy. To us, a ‘treat’ is nothing less than a deliciously tasty biscuit that will delight our customers every time and ensure they come back for more.
Our forward-thinking strategy historically led to some impressive results with Burton’s Biscuit Company transforming its portfolio shape and profitability since 2009. We hope to accelerate our portfolio transformation and growth further by expanding into adjacent categories, new geographic territories and through synergistic bolt-on mergers and acquisitions.
We offer fantastic company benefits, an environment that you will enjoy working in and genuine development and progression opportunities.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply by clicking the link below.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been short listed for an interview.