Job type: Part Time, Permanent Hours Available
Part Time: Monday – Friday (16:25 – 21:55)
Salary: £Competitive weekly paid hourly rate & benefits to include subsidised canteen, free onsite parking and company pension scheme
Who Are We?
At Burton’s Biscuits we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their $191.1 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive company.
Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits and snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We employ circa 1,800 people around the UK, with the majority of our workforce being based at our three main Bakery facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans, with a subsidiary office located in Blackpool and smaller but equally important sites based in Dorset, Livingston & the Isle of Arran.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars Biscuit, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We are also forming key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This will increase our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
- Operation and control of forklift trucks
- Requirement to change the forklift truck battery once every 8 hours, mechanical roller system used to assist with this
- Servicing production lines and waste compactors
- Requirement to handle pallets, approx. 25 kgs
- Role would require the use of stand on pallet truck, counterbalance truck, walk along electric truck and hand pallet truck. Stand on truck involves standing for long periods through the shift
- Counterbalance driver required to transfer about 40 to 50 bins per day. This involves picking up the bin, weighing it, placing it in the compactor and entering all details by filling in paperwork offline, area and weight of product
- Changing of gas bottle on counterbalance truck is also required periodically. This gas bottle weighs 20 kg
- Adhere to basic PPE and Plant Safety Standards
- Participate in any Safety, Health and Environment related courses as required
- Must be prepared to gain Food hygiene level 2 qualification which will be delivered in-house
- Forklift license for stand on and counterbalance trucks an advantage – although training can be provided for a suitable candidate
- Previous experience of similar work
- Able to work unsupervised
- Must be able to follow written instructions and complete basic numerical documentation
- Should also have a good understanding of food safety and health and safety requirements
- Self-motivated, able to use own initiative to suit line requirements
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.