Who are we ?
We are FBC UK, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC UK was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 4,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC UK is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
To provide administrative support to the Health Safety & Environment Manager. To collate information and produce reports within specified timeframes. To monitor and maintain an effective behavioural safety programme. To ensure appropriate stocks of personal protective equipment are always maintained and to manage the issue of this to employees.
- People data – Managing SUSA data base to confirm observations and coaching sessions are carried out to ensure contact rate and coaching targets are met.
- Collating data (hours worked, accident type, accident severity and accident location) to provide statistics to measure site and department performance.
- Conduct regular site safety walkarounds & audits by involving line managers and sharing the findings with relevant Departmental Managers
- Review & update pre-start check sheets, risk assessments to ensure legal compliance
- Administer & drive the onsite Audit & Inspection programme.
- Manage the availability of the Safety PPE stocks, Creation of PO’s liaising with suppliers/contractors.
- Update SUSA / Near Miss systems, highlighting risk potential to EHS Manager.
- Update / maintain HSE trackers / notice boards.
- Update & maintain the EHS / EMS database / generation of statistics associated with systems.
- Help and support the of implementation and sustainability of the EHS Management system.
- To support close out of all H&S audits, internal and external.
- Act as a deputy in the absence of EHS Manager.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Nebosh General Certificate.
- Environmental Awareness.
- Fire Safety Awareness.
- ISO 45001 experience.
- Understanding of PUWER.
- Risk Assessment & SOP development.
- SUSA (Behavioural Safety) Coach.
- Microsoft word, excel and power point skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative.
- High attention to detail.
- Good communication and organisational and interpersonal skills.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.