Who are we ?
We are FBC UK, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC UK was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Isle of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 4,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC UK is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
In our Livingston Bakery, home of the infamous Jammie Dodger, you’ll find our Smart Cookies hard at work. Due to our exceptional company growth we are expanding, and if you are interested in Machinery and have experience in a fast paced environment, as well as able to problem solve then we want you to join our Operations team as a Warehouse Operative on a Permanent Contract.
Contract: Permanent, 37.5hrs Weekly Paid
Hours: Full Time 40 Hours. Monday-Friday Shift pattern,
Location: Paterson Arran, The Royal Burgh Bakery, Nettlehill Road, Houston Industrial Estate, Livingston, EH54 5DN
Week 1 – Nights - 9pm to 6am Sunday, then 10pm to 6am Monday to Thursday.
Week 2 – Backshift/Evenings - 2pm to 10pm Monday to Friday
Week 3 – Days - 6am to 2pm Monday to Friday
What does your typical day look like?
- Input completed PRS to SAP computer system
- Store finished goods in line with company requirements
- Maintain / Supply correct level of packaging materials
- The service team will assist with setting up lines to get them ready to run production
- Ensure areas are continually clean and tidy and fit for for others to use
- Finished product: placing of the finished product in designated areas in line with company and Q.C guidelines. Ensuring each pallet build is to specification, with required information and accurately recorded.
- General Storage: Storage of finished product and issued materials in appropriate locations within production storage areas, clearly identified with accurate information, issued materials are used in correct rotational field
- Generation of P.R.S ticket (correct use of KANBAN system in accordance with company guidelines, input of P.R.S to computer must be done immediately, product sheets marked)
- Liaising with Stock Controller, Stores Supervisor and others as required to assist in maintaining reliable and accurate stock control
- Assist with production when required.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Ability to learn new skills
- Applicants need to be numerate, literate, flexible, self-motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record.
- Basic awareness of health & safety and food safety / hygiene requirements (training and certifications will be provided as part of the role)
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.