Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Isle of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 4,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, your role will be crucial in producing and implementing engineered solutions.
You will focus on solutions for reoccurring production machines, system faults, loss of production rates and quality issues for all equipment and systems, ensuring any modifications/changes are documented.
As part of a team of 3 you will be responsible for directly supporting managers for delivery of engineering KPI’s and support planned maintenance work, delivering reliable production output weekly, over and above 86% OEE.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Liaising with Engineering Team and Production Team to ensure the smooth running of operations
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring use of relevant control measures, ensuring any accidents or near misses are reported
- Work with engineering services Chargehand to ensure plant and equipment is maintained and tested against relevant standards
- Complete project work as required, working with the Engineering team and contractors
- Developing apprentices
- Lease and work with Contractors to carry out Planned Maintenance
- Lease with suppliers to order parts if appropriate
- Log all Pre Planned Maintenance on to CMMS systems
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
You will need demonstrable knowledge and skills for maintenance and repair of production equipment.
- ONC/HNC or C&G equivalent
- Time served apprenticeship
- 5 years qualified experience
- Experience of working with planned preventative maintenance systems
- PC Literate
- Health and Safety Awareness
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.