Working hours: 4 on 4 off shift pattern - 06.55 - 19.00
Who are we ?
We are FBC UK, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC UK was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 4,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC UK is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
Working on the production line, the purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and safe packaging of finished product into tubs or outers whilst checking quality attributes. This role requires full compliance with Company Food Safety, Health & Safety, Quality and Hygiene requirements i.e. factory dress code and hand washing procedure.
To prepare for start - up by
- To confirm daily production plan with Front Line Manager and prepare accordingly.
- Check Product Quality Attributes (PQA) for product to be produced.
- Ensure the codes are correctly positioned on the product in line with PQA requirements.
- To ensure that for each product run you know number of biscuits per packet and packets per outer.
- Confirm with the Front Line Manager the correct method of packing into outers.
- To check all seals e.g. long seals, end seal of the wrapped product are to size and colour standards. (PQA)
- Check code is legible and placed in the correct area (PQA)
- To feed denester/creamer/enrober/wrapping machine to ensure that product is delivered at correct output, as per SOP/SSOW
- To stack outers according to stacking patterns and operate endoline to ensure optimum throughput, as per SOP/SSOW
- Ensure that all blue tubs are lidded. No wrapping material or tubs are placed on the floor.
- To keep the local area clean and tidy at all times.
- To comply with all health & safety, QA and technical procedures.
- To report any faults which affect the efficient running of packing equipment.
- To carry out any other tasks as directed by Front Line Manager in a diligent manner.
- To always handle product in a hygienic manner i.e. to wear gloves or blue plasters when required.
- Report to Front Line Manager immediately if any out of spec or contaminated product is found or there are any evident risks to product quality.
- To ensure integrity and segregation of products are met.
Shut Down / Cleaning Responsibilities
- To follow correct cleaning procedure(s) (CIC) and clean immediate work area or as directed by Front Line Manager. (SOP/SSOW)
- “Clean As You Go” includes sweeping your work area and ensuring all floors on your line are free of any trip or slip hazards.
- To dispose of gloves correctly.
- To dispose of waste after being weighed correctly.
- The correct disposal of appropriate PPE after the use of allergens
Manual Handling Details
- Lifting of boxes and blue tubs within manual handling guidelines.
- Pallets are stacked from ground level to a height of approximately 1.75 meters.
- Blue tubs are stacked from ground level to a height of approximately 1.9 meters. Seven tubs high when full/eight tubs high when empty.
- Job rotation involves moving around on specified jobs on the line.
- Complete pre start checks. (H&S/FS/QA)
- Ensure there is regular communication with the Front Line Manager and other team members.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the department’s kit/equipment.
- Complete specification and quality checks as and when required.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all technical and food safety policies and procedures.
- Fault diagnosis and problem solving.
- Liaise with the engineering team when required.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Ability to communicate effectively, speaks clearly and articulately, good understanding of written & spoken English.
- Ability to work at speed handling biscuits on a moving web or track.
- Manual dexterity required, with the ability to carry out repetitive tasks as necessary.
- Ability to work as part of a team and help others.
- Ability to follow instructions from other team members and Line/Process Leaders.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible in a variety of tasks, displays a positive attitude.
- Ability to check quality of packets and product.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.