Working hours: 4 on 4 off shift pattern - 18.55 to 07.00
Who are we ?
We are FBC UK, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC UK was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 4,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC UK is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
- To ensure that product quality is maintained at all times and that product recipes and specifications are adhered to at all times.
- To audit the daily routines of manufacturing to ensure we deliver quality products which are legal, safe and to high auditable standard.
- To help the shift production and engineering teams manage any incidents which risk the safety or quality of the products being made.
- To assist in the identification of complaint causes and solutions and to assist with complaint investigations as required.
- To help maintain ‘Audit Ready’ standards across the site.
- To manage documents and paperwork across all shifts and ensure correct paperwork is being used
- To issue and review key internal audits to production i.e. glass and hard plastics, webs
- To deliver CCP training
- To lead informal training workshops for the shop floor in areas of technical & food safety
- To conduct the shift taste panel and lead hourly reviews during production to ensure products are within spec
- To effectively manage goods on hold
- To conduct equipment & probe calibration as required
- To be an active member of the site internal audit and HACCP teams
- To ensure concession forms are completed and signed off where relevant
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Responsible for site controlled paperwork and documentation, ensuring the correct versions are available to production and are up to date, accurate and available
- Responsible for leading the shift taste panel, monitoring attendance and ensuring high quality product. As part of this, collecting shelf life samples and end of shelf life taste panels
- To lead hourly reviews and engage staff with monitoring products
- Working in conjunction with the production teams to ensure all specs are up to date and products produced adhere to these specs while ensuring high quality
- Working with the engineering department to ensure work carried out is conducted in a food safe manner
- Delivering CCP training to production teams to ensure checks are being conducted in line with procedures and retailer/BRC requirements
- Supporting the factory to understand, deliver and maintain audit ready standards at all times
- Partaking in internal and external audits
- To ensure compliance with BRC/Retailer codes of practice across the site
- To issue and review internal audits such as glass and hard plastics
- Support the H & S Department by actively promoting H & S across the line at all times and encouraging a safe working environment
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Degree/Educated to higher level in food based discipline ideal
- Previous QA Experience ideal
- Good understanding of BRC Standards and Retailer Codes of Practice
- Previous experience of external audits
- Level 2 Food Safety preferable
- Level 2 HACCP preferable
- Basic Allergen training preferable (if no training, understanding of allergens sufficient)
- Good overall understanding of the technical function and the technical role within the food industry
- Able to prioritise workloads effectively to meet deadlines with good problem solving techniques
- Excellent team player but able to work on own and use initiative
- Confident communication skills, with the ability to influence and challenge effectively and professionally
- Excellent computer/IT skills including use of Microsoft Office suite, ideally have working knowledge of SAP
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.