Who are we ?
We are FBC UK, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC UK was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 4,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC UK is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
- Develop exciting and innovative biscuit products and to optimise recipes for our strategic customers.
- Brief new concepts to internal partners to ensure high quality of product through to launch
- Provide concept and project updates for SLT.
- Be alert to the emergence of new ingredients or technologies and their possible applications in terms of NPD or continuous improvement.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Drive NPD for strategic customers, exploring key food and ingredient trends, new technology and processes to brainstorm products which are innovative and ahead of our competitors.
- Take concept briefs and develop recipes which fulfil project objectives.
- Apply personal experience and/or observations to suggest new concepts.
- Develop exciting and innovative products using novel and functional ingredients.
- Engage new and current suppliers to develop new ingredients fit for purpose.
- Develop concepts, present to our strategic customers and use feedback to create a robust product that can be signed off ready to commence industrialisation.
- Support creation recipes, specifications, PQE standards, colour standards, documenting clearly all stages of development as per NPD process. Complete documentation to a standard (meeting legal requirements and company polices) and format that can be adopted by the site Technical team.
- Communicate RB&P activities clearly to NPD teams engaging them and gaining their support and co-operation on NPD projects, holding regular project meetings with appropriate teams.
- Support the co-ordination of factory trials, issuing trial reports, ran by the R&D team.
- Report all customer updates to SLT team on a regular basis.
- Drive recipe and quality improvement of biscuit products.
- Implement sensory testing schedules across biscuit NPD products
- Develop PQE standards to incorporate sensory outputs engaging key site teams to drive quality and continuous product improvement.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Problem solving, strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong IT skills with a knowledge of retailer web based systems.
- Good project management skills with a track record to prove it
- Attention to detail.
- Time management.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Team player.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.