Who are we ?
We are FBC UK, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC UK was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 4,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC UK is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
Responsibility for setting the strategy for Blackpool, managing the Burton’s Biscuit Company’s site technical quality team to ensure that products that enter the market place are safe and legal and manufactured to standards that meet or exceed all agreed internal or external specifications.
To support the Factory Manager to instill a quality culture throughout the site.
To be the key interface with all members of the senior team ensuring that technical standards are adopted and delivered.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- To co-ordinate all technical quality activities to ensure that products are manufactured against agreed specifications.
- To develop and maintain a robust auditing programme that continues to meet the requirements set by all audit bodies.
- To develop the site technical strategy, to show continuous improvement and added value.
- To support the central technical team to develop consistent best practice policies whist looking for alternative ways to solve problems
- Delivery of site technical KPI’s
- To be customer facing on all technical issues and to support the commercial counterparts where required to ensure business continuity
- Primary contact with Government and Non Governmental organisational bodies – Inclusive of retailer interface.
- To develop & support robust corrective action plans to ensure any consumer or customer dissatisfaction is addressed
- To agree specifications that are achievable and review to ensure that customer satisfaction is always met
- To develop a quality culture throughout the manufacturing site by supporting the FGM and senior team to continuously improve against standards
- To develop clear hygiene standards ensuring that corrective actions that may cause risks are dealt with in a timely manner
- Undertakes investigations on any internal incidents that have led to contaminated product leaving site control
- To oversee all site technical contracts ensuring that they are managed and delivering against agreed KPI’s
- To ensure that there is a formal handover from the packaging team ensuring that all documentation is available and that quality standards are maintained.
- To ensure that there is a formal handover of new products from NPD and that all documentation is available and that products quality standards are achievable
- To develop robust capital plans for continuous quality improvements inclusive of supporting documentation
- Accountability for final product compliance to regulatory standards – legal labels.
- Accountability for all aspects of site HACCP, Hygiene, Food Safety, Pest Control and Auditing systems.
- Accountability for the site maintenance of External and Internal Standards. (BRC, Retailer, Internal audits etc)
- Responsible for site technical contracts and delivery of these to group KPI’s–
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with group policy
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Problem solving, strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong IT skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Self starter
- Organisation and prioritisation.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.