Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
- As a Multi-Skilled Technician you will be working as part of the Engineering Team to provide a timely and effective engineering service to our customer in production whilst ensuring safety, quality and hygiene standards are met.
- You will carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan contained within the CMMS, attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required.
- You will undertake training as required to further enhance individual’s skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient, train others so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- It is preferred that you will be educated to HNC standard (or equivalent) or higher in mechanical or electrical engineering, and a proven practitioner of preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
- You will be familiar with TPM principles including 5S. Experience in the use of CMMS (computerised maintenance management systems) is preferred but not essential.
- You will be numerate, literate, flexible, self-motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Previous experience of working as part of a team is essential.
- Previous Food Manufacturing experience and a basic understanding of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene is desirable, but not essential as training will be given.
The duties described here are not exhaustive and may be adapted to meet the needs of a changing organisation and therefore is expected to evolve in line with the organisation.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.