Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
- Liaise with new product development team, commercial & procurement from ideation to completion, acting as advisor and gatekeeper in all meetings/trials/launches.
- Provide specialist recipe & process support to all
- Train & support new members of the NPD team in site process capability
- Control from an operations view the concept to launch process, advising requirements/investment on new projects
- Work closely with Chief engineer & project team to work on strategic process improvement projects with a three-year outlook & deliver agreed cap ex projects
- To lead and participate in projects delivering cost savings, new technologies, new IT / ERP systems to ensure full utilisation
- Control costs within agreed budgets of ownership – webs, moulds & Process equipment
- Cross functional working to support Factory operational KPI’s including visits to other sites
- Good attendance at meetings using clear communications and writing results and reports that are user friendly and action orientated
- Our site specialist in systems and recipes & must have a clear development / succession plan to share own knowledge.
The successful operation of the Batley factory depends on the production of high-quality products which are produced efficiently and consistently; our process development team are key to delivering this
- Spending time on plant working alongside the Operations team as well as technical and engineering to resolve day-to-day issues but also work at a strategic level to solve long-term challenges and deliver new capability to the factory.
- Essentially the process development managers own the recipes of our products – it is essential therefore that they have an in-depth knowledge of raw materials, baking processes / equipment and secondary processes (e.g., chocolate coating)
- Full responsibility for the management and control of Factory Conveyors working with Site to provide suitable/ appropriate solutions.
- To be part of the Strategic Steering Group that drives change and Innovation that fundamentally could be brought about by improved Process Capabilities.
- To be seen as the key stakeholder in relation to Promtek activity offering support if required and ensuring the system meets the business requirements.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Empowerment and effective decision making, harnessing an enterprising spirit
- Honesty, integrity & openness in what we do & how we work; fostering trustworthiness
- Showing leadership and taking responsibility
- Rigor, structure & process in our thinking and planning as well as our daily actions
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below