Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
We are looking for an ambitious and self starting Brand Manager with a passion for launching NPD and developing great external relationships to help us continue to drive our range of great tasting savoury biscuits. The Savoury Biscuits category is worth over £600m RSV and there is potential even further for Innovation to fuel this category further .
The individual should be able to identify and understand consumer insight to support the development of creative solutions which in turn drive consumer preference Ultimately, drive incremental revenues for the Company and our customers. There will be an opportunity to deliver through the line activity, but the focus of the role is delivering a significant pipeline of projects across all channels and markets
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Lead the development of the 1-3 Year Vision & Strategy brand plan with execution of key brand activities identified in the brand planning process.
- Responsible for the full NPD funnel from “ideation” through to project launch and Excellent Execution.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to manage projects to deliver to time, budget, quality and milestones.
- Day to day contact with project teams, both FBC and License Partners Deliver against agreed P&L KPI’s – with regular monthly tracking vs budget and agreed in year targets (FBC and License Partners)
- Ownership of brand consumer spend management, ensuring timely reporting, tracking and supplier payment.
- Lead the overall tracking and reporting of brand performance i.e. financial, customer and market, and supporting the development of action planning as an output of the findings.
- Effective management of business variances (packaging stocks, write offs etc) through close working with Operations.
- Lead the identification and implementation of Cost Based Recovery initiatives, working closely with Finance Teams and Bakery Sites.
- Ensure adherence to Company processes and approval systems.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Proven track record in Brand Management.
- Experience of delivery of FMCG marketing with a branded manufacturer.
- Experience of New Product Development – conception to launch.
- Proven record of successful business or marketing project delivery, including the stage gate process
- Proven record of managing cross functional teams (internal & external)
- Proven record of development of new products, brand plans, packaging design changes and promotions.
- Budgetary monitoring.
- Ability to locate source data to build consumer / shopper understanding and build insight into strategy.
- Experience of managing partners/ licensing relationships would be advantageous however not essential
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.